Monday, February 8, 2010

Thumbs up for NW Mich

Chef Patterson : cook's house
Excellent post

from behind the stove: A Renewed Excitment

"What makes Northern Michigan such a perfect place to own a restaurant? Everything. I think those who have lived up for many years may have become numb to what is up here. Often I am asked somewhat incredulously why I would leave Vegas and the enviable position I held to move to "this". I answer the same every time, "because it is world class up here." The jobs our farmers and produces do warrants, no demands, of us excellence. It falls on all of us to take the embarrassment of riches we have up here in terms of raw product and present it as perfectly as it is given.

My experiences in the past few days have re-kindled my own commitment towards excellence. Not because I feel like I have to be best, no I think I'm past that, but because I have a responsibility towards those who work so hard to do justice to what they give me."

No comments:

Post a Comment